Smart Stores is the category of self-service, standalone vending units located in high footfall locations such as airports, malls and convenience stores. Typically they do not vend drinks or snacks and favour retailers with a wide range of product inventory of varying sizes. Consumers select products using a touchscreen interface, pay for purchases using a bankcard, NFC or smartphone. The product is then picked and dispensed immediately. Smart Stores can sell anything, starting from very small items up to large-sized electronics and other products.
- 24/7 Window Shopping: Machines can be installed in-store behind glass windows with the access point accessible through the glass, allowing for extended store hours.
- New Channel: Automated retail offers a new, expanding channel that can be integrated with existing store based and web based channels.
- Retailing Network: Reach more customers more often through a distributed network of machines.
- Brand Management: Reinforce brand identity, increase brand awareness and improve brand availability.
- Touch-enabled LED screens for product information, selection and purchase confirmation.
- Intelligent Stock Ordering: Keep less product stock and order stock efficiently only as required.
- Energy Efficiency technology to reduce consumption through manufacturing and software advances.