Traditional 'dumb' vending machines are simple repositories for drinks or snacks. Recent advances have now transformed the vending industry. Smart vending machines are aware of their content and stock levels, can self-diagnose and analyse themselves and even call a technician to fix itself if the problem cannot be resolved remotely. The range of payment options has expanded beyond coins and paper money to include cashless payments via QR code linking to PayPal and other payment gateways, NFC and bankcards. Integrated touchscreens offer detailed visual information and virtual interaction with the products as well as DOOH network opportunities for product video advertisements.
Smart vending machines combine physical retail with an online shopping experience and the gratification of being able to buy and receive the product immediately. Their deployment in high footfall locations, offices, metros, shopping malls and airports allows clients to showcase and sell a wide range of retail products 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Internet access via Ethernet or Wi-Fi allows for product pictures and pricing to be updated for individual machines, groups or across the entire network. Strategic placement increases brand awareness, sales, loyalty and client satisfaction. The creation of a network affords considerable savings compared with the investment associated with traditional retail models and staff costs.
- Telemetry Management allows remote set-up of vending machines, complete service diagnostics and data audit.
- Touch-enabled LCD screens for product information, selection and purchase confirmation.
- Optional touch-enabled Transparent LCD screens.
- Optional Facial Recognition enables the machine to recognise the user and serve an individually tailored drink.
- Media Management for remote updating of all product photos and videos.
- Can be branded with client logo.
- Energy Efficiency technology to reduce consumption through manufacturing and software advances.